Introduction days for M.Sc. FES- and SUFONAMA-students: October 26 – 30, 2020
++ Matriculation Ceremony of the University on 2nd November 2020 - register to take part in person or join via livestream
++ Travel and entry information, welcome to Goettingen - Information for International Students for the Winter Semester 2020/2021
*** Please visit the website regularly to get new updates! ***
The faculty welcomes the new students of the master's degrees Forest and Ecosystem Sciences (FES) and Sustainable Forest and Nature Management (SUFONAMA) with an introduction week in the week before the start of the lectures (November 2nd, 2020).
During the introduction week, you get to know the faculty and get all the information you need to start your studies successfully: How do I register for lectures/events/exams? Is there a timetable? Which elective modules do I choose? How do the lectures work? (Please, therefore, refrain from making individual inquiries on these topics in advance.)
The Introduction week in the winter semester 2020/21 will take place as hybrid events, i.e. digital information content/videos for all freshmen as well as getting to know each other and campus/city tours in small groups.
Please note the following regulations when entering the university campus/building:
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 m to other people, wear a face mask (also in groups of less than 10 people, if the minimum distance cannot be safely maintained), observe the cough and sneeze etiquette.
- People with unexplained cold symptoms are not allowed to participate.
- Entrants/returnees from risk areas (according to the Robert Koch Institute, RKI), as well as people with contact to others who are corona-positive, are only allowed to participate in accordance with the official Corona-Regulations of Lower Saxony; insofar, if necessary, the participants must observe obligations to self-isolate or in accordance with an official quarantine order.
Please also inform yourself about the current situation on our website regularly.
Below you will find the respective preliminary plans for the introduction week for M.Sc. FES and SUFONAMA. We reserve the right to make changes. Therefore, it is best to have a look here again before the start of the events.
All videos, presentations and information on study regulations that will be presented during the introduction week will be found in “Stud.IP”, which is the central component of the E-Learning infrastructure at the University of Göttingen for students and lecturers.
- You get your access data (username and password) to Stud.IP with your student ID after your enrolment.
- Please login to Stud.IP.
- Please copy the course name into the search function: “Introduction days M.Sc. FES & SUFONAMA Winter Semester 2020/21” and register for participation in that course.
- Useful information for International Students
- Introduction to the Winter Semester
- Welcome to the Göttingen University Library
Further important Links: