PD Dr. Chicgoua NoubactepResearch Associate
Chair of Development Economics / CeMIS, Prof. Dr. Sebastian Vollmer
Curriculum Vitae: CV
Chicgoua Noubactep (Associate Professor) earned his PhD from the University of Freiberg, Germany, for studies on groundwater remediation using metallic iron, and received his habilitation on “Metallic Iron for Safe Drinking Water Provision” from the University of Göttingen, Germany. Noubactep’s research focuses on safe drinking water provision for households and small communities (e.g., rural), self-reliance in safe drinking water provision, and migration and mitigation of contaminants in the hydrosphere. Prof. Noubactep has published more than 150 peer-reviewed articles. He is engaged in several non-governmental organisations (NGOs), including the Culture and Sustainable Development (CDD e.V.), Göttingen, Germany. Prof. Noubactep is the current mayor of the locality of Rittmarshausen in the administrative district of Gleichen (Landkreis Göttingen).
- Btatkeu-K. B.D., Olvera-Vargas H., Tchatchueng J.B., Noubactep C. Caré S. (2014). Determining the optimum Fe0 ratio for sustainable granular Fe0/sand water filters.. Chem. Eng. J.
- Miyajima K., Noubactep C. (2013). Impact of Fe0 amendment on methylene blue discoloration by sand columns. Chem. Eng. J.
- Btatkeu K. B.D., Miyajima K., Noubactep C., Caré S. (2013). Testing the suitability of metallic iron for environmental remediation: Discoloration of methylene blue in column studies. Chem. Eng. J.
- Miyajima K., Noubactep C. (2012). Effects of mixing granular iron with sand on the efficiency of methylene blue discoloration. Chem. Eng. J.
- Noubactep C., Caré S. (2011). Designing laboratory metallic iron columns for better result comparability. J. Hazard. Mater.
- Noubactep C. (2011). On the mechanism microbe inactivation by metallic iron. J. Hazard. Mater.
- Noubactep C., Btatkeu K.B.D., J.B. Tchatchueng (2011). Impact of MnO2 on the efficiency of metallic iron for the removal of dissolved metal. Chem. Eng. J.
- Noubactep C. (2011). Characterizing the reactivity of metallic iron in Fe0/UVI/H2O systems by long-term column experiments. Chem. Eng. J.
- Scott T.B., Popescu I.C., Crane R.A., Noubactep C. (2011). Nano-scale metallic iron for the treatment of solutions containing multiple inorganic contaminants. J. Hazard. Mater.
- Noubactep C. (2010). Metallic iron for safe drinking water worldwide. Chem. Eng. J.
- Noubactep C., Caré S. (2010). Dimensioning metallic iron beds for efficient contaminant removal. Chem. Eng. J.
- Noubactep C., Caré S. (2010). Enhancing sustainability of household water filters by mixing metallic iron with porous materials. Chem. Eng. J.
- Noubactep C., Caré S. (2010). On nanoscale metallic iron for groundwater remediation. J. Hazard. Mater.
- Noubactep C. (2010). Elemental metals for environmental remediation: Learning from cementation process. J. Hazard. Mater.
- Noubactep C., Schöner A. (2010). Metallic iron for environmental remediation: Learning from electrocoagulation. J. Hazard. Mater.
- Noubactep C. (2010). Characterizing the reactivity of metallic iron in Fe0/EDTA/H2O systems with column experiments. Chem. Eng. J..