Excellent Research with Impact
The diverse research fields of the faculty overlap in three key areas: Compliance and Governance, Marketing and Consumer Science and Global Change and Development. These research areas transcend traditional disciplinary boundaries. In doing so, these research areas help foster interdisciplinary collaboration across all the subject areas including business economics, information systems, economic and social history, statistics and econometrics.
Researchers and academics from different subject areas collaborate on joint research projects as well as in interdisciplinary centres across the university:
- Centre for Global Migration Studies (CeMig)
- Centre for Modern East Asian Studies (CeMEAS)
- Centre for Modern Indian Studies (CeMIS)
- Campus-Institute Data Science (CIDAS)
- Centre for Statistics (ZfS)
- Institute for Small Business Economics (ifh)
- Sino-German Institute of Social Computing (SGISC)
In addition, the Faculty of Business and Economics has a strong focus on applied research and teaching. Faculty researchers often conduct studies for various industries and associations. Numerous collaborative projects, in particular, those that are funded by federal ministries, are often conducted with external parties.
Click here for further information on the faculty’s research areas.