PROMOS: Program for the enhancement of the mobility of students of german institutes of higher education of the DAAD
With its programme to promote the mobility of students of german institutes of higher education (PROMOS), the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) allocates scholarship funds to German universities to assist students and doctoral candidates with scholarships and travelling allowances, so that they can undertake study trips and internships abroad which are relevant to their studies.
Projects eligible for assistance:
- study trips for students (outside Erasmus+ programme countries and Switzerland) (1 - 6 months)
- students’ visits abroad in order to prepare their graduation theses (1 - 6 months)
- internships for students (outside Erasmus+ programme countries and Switzerland) (6 weeks to 6 months)
- language courses for students and doctoral candidates (3 weeks to 6 months)
- specialist seminars and training courses for students and doctoral candidates (5 days to 6 weeks)
Projects continuing to be eligible for direct assistance from DAAD
- Students planning to go abroad for two semesters can still apply to DAAD for a one-year scholarship. (Link)
- Doctoral candidates can still apply to DAAD for one-year or short-term scholarships to undertake study and research trips to foreign countries, as well as for travelling to conventions and for lecture tours. (Link)
- DAAD also continues to grant short-term scholarships for internships at German foreign representations, international organisations, German schools in foreign countries and member institutes of DGIA (Foundation of German Humanities Institutes Abroad). (Link)
- This also applies to travelling allowances for internships organised by IAESTE, AIESEC, bvmd (German Medical Students’ Association), ZAD (Dental Student Exchange Service) and DCGM (German Chinese Society of Medicine). (Link)
Students and doctoral students enrolled at the University of Göttingen.
To apply for assistance (except study trips) please fill in the Online Form "PROMOS" in the application portal. The form will be open for applications two months prior to the application deadline. Additionally to some baic information you are required to submit the following documents via the portal (german or english):
- motivation letter explaining the purpose of the planned visit abroad in connection with the study course previously engaged in (max. 1 page)
- curriculum vitae in table form
- overview of previous examinations incl. ranking
- copies of the newest diplomas
- evidence of language skills, evidence of extracurricular commitments, evidence of preparatory measures (such as intercultural training, etc.)
- For research stays for theses that are not carried out at a university or research institution: letter of support from the department & detailed timetable
- for internships: confirmation letter or e-mail from the prospective employer stating the duration of the internship
For further details please refer to the PROMOS-Scholarship award regulations.
Application for the second half of 2023 possible from 01 February 2023
31 March of a given year for project start from 1 July of the same year
30 September of a given year for project start from 1 January of the following year
Successful candidates may receive monthly scholarship allowances and/or travelling allowances. The type of assistance to be granted in each case is decided by the university.
Combination with other scholarships:
Please refer to the PROMOS-Scholarship award regulations chapter 5. Combination rules
Education and Mobility Programmes
Phone.: +49 551/39 21340
Fax: +49 551/39 18-21340