HeKKSaGOn: German-Japanese University Consortium
In 2010, the German-Japanese University Network HeKKSaGOn was established by the universities Kyoto, Osaka and Tohoku in Japan and Heidelberg, Göttingen and the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) in Germany. HeKKSaGOn stands for Heidelberg - Kyoto - Karlsruhe - Sendai - Göttingen - Osaka - network and was established as a foundation to enhance international cooperation and exchange of ideas in education, research and innovation fields. Its main focus is on advancing science, technology, industry, and cultural exchange between the six member universities in Germany and Japan.
The purpose of HeKKSaGOn is to create a unique brand mark for research collaborations amongst German and Japanese universities, to create added value for the network and to develop best practice through mutual exchange of experience among students, staff and researchers. The working groups formed within HeKKSaGOn focus on future-oriented research areas, such as environmental, life and materials science, neuroscience and scientific computation as well as social and cultural sciences. Most promising research projects have already been planned. Moreover, an enhanced mobility of researchers for guest lectureships and research stays has emerged.For further information, please visit www.hekksagon.net or the German website of the University of Heidelberg and have a look at HeKKSaGOn-Universities.
HeKKSaGOn Convictions & Commitments
- Long-standing and solid relations between Japan and Germany are essential
- Long-lasting successful collaboration amongst research institutions is imperative
- Major global problems can only be solved by interdisciplinary and international cooperation in research and by the open and free exchange of knowledge
- Changes in one part of the world have effects in other parts
- It is the responsibility of the scientifically and technologically advanced nations to find solutions domestically and internationally for the betterment of the world
Dr. Tanja Falkowski
Phone: 0551 39-21334