Leave of Absence

  • Applications for a leave of absence for one or more semesters must be submitted to the Central Office of Student Affairs.

  • If the application requires the endorsement of the Dean of Studies (e.g. for internships abroad), B.A. and M.A. students and Ph.D students of the Faculty of Humanities should contact Ms. Susanne Ellies-Krieter at the Dean of Studies Office, Humboldtallee 17. Ms. Ellies-Krieter can be reached as follows:

    Tue and Thu 10:30 to 12:00 o’clock
    Tel. +49 (0)551 / 39-29459,
    Email: susanne.ellies-krieter@zvw.uni-goettingen.de.

    Please note that no endorsement is required for overseas stays through ERASMUS. In these cases, applications for a leave of absence can be submitted directly to the Central Office of Student Affairs.

  • Since the Master of Education degree programme is located at the Faculty of Social Sciences, M.Ed. students should contact
    ZEWIL, Zentrale Wissenschaftliche Einrichtung für Lehrer*innenbildung, former ZELB, the Central Institution for Teacher Training. The contact person there is the Dean of Teacher Training, apl. Prof. Susanne Schneider.