If you are pursuing or have pursued your B.A. degree at our university - this applies to both non-international and international students - please note the following steps:
1. If you want to pursue an M.A. program at the University of Göttingen, you have to re-register for the coming semester by the deadline. If you nevertheless choose not to pursue an M.A. program at the University of Göttingen after re-registering, you can apply for reimbursement of semester fees.
2. You can apply for a master's program within the regular application periods, even if you are not sure whether you will complete your BA studies by the start of the master's program. For an application, you have to provide at least 150 credits in your FlexNow transcript. If your BA studies will be acknowledged as relevant for the master programme you applied for, a conditional admission will be granted allowing conditional enrollment.
3. If you have received a letter of conditional admission, you have to make sure that all exam scores of your BA studies including your BA thesis are registered in your FlexNow account by November 15th (application for winter semester) or by May 15th (application for summer semester). If you wrote your BA thesis in another faculty, you have to provide your degree or an equivalent confirmation to the master's coordination.
Please note: according to the new regulation, in some cases the deadline for submission of the proof of the BA degree can be extended until 31.03. (application for winter semester) or until 30.09. (application for summer semester). The extension of the deadline for the proof of the BA degree until the end of the semester is only permitted if
a) only the final BA thesis is missing in order to complete your BA studies or
b) the BA thesis has already been submitted to the Examinations Office and not more than 6 ECTS are missing for the completion of your BA studies.
By 15.11. as well as 15.05., the master coordination will check which master's students can receive an extension of the deadline. By then, the corresponding achievements must have been entered in FlexNow. The students will be informed electronically about the approval of a deadline extension.
4. If you have received a (conditional) admission letter, you have to submit an application for a change of your course of study to the Office of Student Affairs. If you are an international student completing your B.A. degree at the University of Göttingen, you must submit this application to the International Office (Ms. El-Omar).
5. After your enrollment you can register for the courses of your program..