Proof of English language proficiency
Type of Document: "Proof of English language proficiency"
At the time of application evidence of sufficient English language skills with standardized or accredited certificates at least on level B2 or higher, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF) is required.
The following serve as evidence:
- a) UNIcert®: at least certificate UNIcert® II;
- b) NULTE-Certificate: at least level B2;
- c) Cambridge English Scale: at least 160 points;
- d) „International English Language Testing System" (IELTS Academic): at least 6,0;
- e) „Test of English as a Foreign Language, internet-based test” (TOEFL iBT): at least 81 points;
- f) Global Scale of English (Pearson Academic): at least 59 points;
- g) other evidence according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF), at least level B2.
The successful completion of the tests (a-f) must not be more than two years prior to the receipt of the application for admission. Proof of sufficient knowledge of the English language also includes at least one year of study or professional stay in a country where English is the official language, or an average grade of at least 12 points in the subject "English" within two school years prior to obtaining the university entrance qualification.
Applicants who choose English language study as their language evidence or English native speaker must upload an appropriate supporting document.
Please upload these documents via upload portal. Please do not send these documents by mail (post)!
The International Office
Personal Office Hours:
Mon 10-12 am and Wed 2-4 pm
Hotline-International students and applicants
+49 551/39 27777
Mon - Fri 9 - 12 h