Application for acceptance as a doctoral candidate
The Faculty of Humanities provides an electronic application form for your application for acceptance as a doctoral candidate. Depending on whether you are an internal or external applicant, please choose the link that applies to you:
- 'I have already studied at the University of Göttingen.'
- 'I have not studied at the University of Göttingen so far.'
Please note that you will need to upload various documents as part of the application process. Since the form cannot be saved temporarily, you should therefore have prepared them:
- Application for approval of a language for the dissertation if it is not to be written in German, English or in a language approved for the subject area in Annex I.3 of the doctoral regulations. This application is made informally, i.e. you do not fill out a form for this purpose, but write and upload an application text yourself. Note: All members of the examination board must be proficient in the language applied for to the required extent.
- Declaration of supervision
- Regarding the fulfilment of the subject-specific admission requirements according to Appendix 1.2 of the doctoral regulations:
a) the form 'Confirmation of fulfilment of the subject-specific qualifications for entry',
b) proof of fulfilment of the subject-specific admission requirements (as specified in the form), if they are not already proven by the degree certificate(s), and
c) if applicable, an application for exemption from admission requirements.
- Curriculum vitae
- If applicable, proof of very good German language skills, if German is not the first language or no university degree at a German university in a German-language degree programme can be proven (DSH-2 certificate or test DaF certificate with at least four times TestDaF grade level 4 (TDN 4) or the ‘Examination part German’ of the assessment test at the preparatory college [Studienkolleg]) or application for exemption.
- If applicable, separate proof of English (only applies to applicants for the doctoral programme ‘Behaviour and Cognition’)
- Transcript and certificates of your highest academic degree (Master, Magister or Diplom)
- Transcript and certificates of your first academic degree (B.A.)
- Thesis of your highest degree (Master's, Magister or Diplom thesis)