Ph.D. Program Applied Statistics and Empirical MethodsThe Centre for Statistics offers an international and interdisciplinary Ph.D. Program in Applied Statistics and Empirical Methods at the Georg-August-Universität Göttingen.
Important note: Students will have to find a supervisor and funding for their thesis project before applying. The supervisor has to be a member of the Centre for Statistics. A list of the members of the Centre for Statistics can be found here.
If you already have a supervisor from the Centre for Statistics and want to apply, please contact email@example.com for further information.
The Ph.D. program is especially designed for
- Ph.D. students who are interested in a statistical or empirical PhD project
- Ph.D. students who's supervisor is a member of the Centre for Statistics
- sound knowledge of basic statistics and methodology (30 ECTS or equivalent; with 15 ECTS a conditional admission is possible)
- adequate skills in English language (language requirements)
- a Master or Diploma (or equivalent) in one of the following fields:
- agricultural sciences
- computer sciences
- forest sciences
- social sciences
The study program:
In total 27 credit points will be accumulated. These credits will be gained by passing courses oin the following areas:
- at least 12 ECTS on statistical methodology
- at least 4 ECTS on specialisation courses
- research seminars (4 ECTS)
- summer schools and conferences (3 ECTS)
- key competencies (4 ECTS)
For further information about the application process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.