Göttingen as an international city offers many opportunities for meditation, prayer and faith. Most of the world’s major faith communities are represented with congregations and maintain spaces for gathering and practicing their faith together.
The majority of Göttingen’s parishes are Evangelical Lutheran. There are some Catholic and Evangelical Free Church congregations as well.
- Catholic Church in Göttingen n
- Evangelical Reformed Congregation of Göttingen
- Lutheran Church District of Göttingen
- Evangelical Free Church Ecclesia
- Free Evangelical Congregation e
- Adventist congregation Göttingen
- Baptist congregation Göttingen n
- Göttingen International Church
- Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints
The Buddhist Centre offers events and seminars.
The University of Göttingen maintains a "Room of Silence" on Central Campus, on the ground floor of the "Blauen Turms" (blue tower). The room is open to all students, staff and guests on weekdays from 9 am to 9:30 pm. It offers an opportunity for quiet, silent prayer or meditation for members of all denominations and faiths.
The International Office
The Welcome Centre is not barrier-free. Please contact us if you need assistance.