University entrance qualification
Type of Document: "University entrance qualification"
Studying at the University of Göttingen requires a university entrance qualification valid in Germany. You may consult the Anabin database directly to see if you meet the requirements for admission, as well as which documents must be submitted as proof of your qualification.
The following documents may qualify you for university entrance:
- Graduation documents (school-leaving certificate and transcript of grades). Preliminary certificates cannot be accepted.
- University entrance examinations
- Certificate of assessment ("Feststellungsprüfung" at the "Studienkolleg"). If you have not yet received the required final certificate of assessment ("Feststellungsprüfung" at the "Studienkolleg") by the application deadline, please apply with half-year reports of the Studienkolleg together with your school leaving certificate from abroad. The final certificate of the assessment test must be submitted by the time of enrollment at the latest.
- Evidence of prior study periods
- Final degree (at a university or college)
If you are unsure as to which documents are required, please upload all school and university documents you have. Combine all documents into a single file when uploading.
A certified translation must be provided additionally to your original degree certificate for all diplomas and certificates that are not in German, English or French. Only translations by an accredited translation agency will be accepted.
As part of the application process, the International Student Office will evaluate your certificates and records and charges an evaluation fee of 65€ for this assessment.
If you do not qualify for direct university entrance, it may be possible to qualify by attending a Studienkolleg first. Please note that the application deadlines for the Studienkolleg differ from the deadlines for application to unrestricted study programmes. If you are unsure as to whether you qualify for direct university admission or whether you must first attend a Studienkolleg, please follow the application deadlines for the Studienkolleg as a precaution.
All application documents must be uploaded via the upload portal. Please do not send any documents by postal mail!