Information on application and admission procedures of the Master’s programme in Development Economics
This page provides detailed information on the application and admission process for the Master of Science in Development Economics. Please read the following information carefully, as we provide step-by-step guidance. Please understand that we are unable to accept incomplete applications, or applications that are not submitted by the stipulated deadline.
- Under the link "Admission requirements and selection process", you can find detailed information concerning the requirements for admission to the Master of Development Economics programme.
- The Master's programme accepts applications during the call for applications for both the summer and the winter semester:
- Application period for citizens from the EU/EEA (European Economic Area) OR applicants with a bachelor’s degree from an EU/EEA country beginning in the winter semester: 1 April to 15 May of the same calendar year
- Application period for citizens from non-EU/non-EEA (European Economic Area) countries AND a bachelor’s degree from outside an EU/EEA country beginning in the winter semester: 1 October to 15 November of the previous calendar year
- The application process requires the submission of several key documents. A list of the required documents can be found here.
Online application form
The application will be completely digital. If requested, you are obliged to submit original documents subsequently. The application process consists of four steps:
- 1. You complete the online application form for the Master's programme in Development Economics during the application period and send it by clicking on the send button at the end of the form
- 2. You will then receive an email with a link to a document upload portal. The email also contains your login data (user name and password) for the upload portal. You will also find two PDF documents in this email: The summary of your data from step 1 and additionally a list of the required application documents that you need to upload (Checklist Application Documents).
- 3. Go to the upload portal, enter your username and password from the email and follow the steps in the upload portal to upload your documents.
- 4. Once the selection process is complete, you will receive an email reply to your application. You can expect this possibly six weeks after the end of the application deadline.
Please note that as an EPOS scholarship holder you can only start the programme in the winter term (October) of each year and applications are only possible from October 1 through November 15 of the previous year. Please see here for further information.
Please check your application materials for completeness before clicking on “Binding Submission” in our upload portal. Unfortunately, incomplete applications, or those sent after the deadline will not be considered.
For any further questions, please feel free to contact the Student Advisory Service of the Faculty of Business and Economics - our study advisors are looking forward to assisting you.
We wish you the best of luck on your application, and look forward to hearing from you.