Connect to a Network Drive
Follow these instructions for Windows 10 to connect to a Network Drive:
Please mind, that you have to be either directly connected to the university network or use a VPN Client.
- Press the Windows key + E to enter the Explorer
- Click right on „Dieser PC" and then select "Netzlaufwerk verbinden…"
- In the following dialog you can select an available letter for your drive.
In the "Folder" field below the letter you have to enter the Path to the Drive:
in this example \\wfs-sozial.top.gwdg.de\ussz-all$\USSZ100\
- Then select "Reconnect on Login" and "Connect using other login information"
- Enter your username with gwdg\ respectivlely ug-student\ in front of it in the password dialog.
To stop being asked for the password on every login you can select "Save login information"
The network drive will be available on every boot of your pc from now on.