CV Dr. Iulia Ghergut
- Since January 2003: part-time collaboration with the Applied Geological Dept. at the University of Goettingen, unsophisticated modeling tasks preparing a tracer experiment in a small-scale fractured-rock system.
- DAAD research scholarship from October 1998 till July 2001. Permission to use research facilities (Unix terminal, PC, library, printer) of the Hydrological Institute, GSF Research Centre Munich-Neuherberg till December 2002.
- Oct. 1999 - July 2002: registered Ph. D. student at the Univ. of Munich (LMU), Dept. of Hydrogeology. Ph. D. work deals with the possibility and limitations of a process-oriented control of deep groundwater abstractions by environmental isotope monitoring; to this end, besides numerical simulations using established tools, it develops a particular concept of transient groundwater ages (submitted September 2002, oral examination passed July 2003).
- Oct. 1998 - July 1999: visiting student (‘Programmstudent’) at the Univ. of Munich (LMU), Dept. of Hydrogeology.
- 1996, 1997, 1998: short research stages with the Institute of Ecological Chemistry, GSF Research Centre, Munich-Neuherberg.
- 1989 - 1991: work as a physicist etc. at the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology, Bucharest (Hydrology division). Since April 1991: research worker at the Institute of Applied Mathematics within the Romanian Academy of Science, Bucharest (w. group Deterministic Modeling).
- 1989: M. Sc. Physics, University of Bucharest.
- Born in Bucharest, Romania, long time ago.