Winter Term 2019-20
This is a preliminary schedule that will be extended, and possibly altered, in the weeks to come.
- October 23: [CANCELLED] Frank Seifart (Leibniz-ZAS, Berlin) – DoReco - building a cross-linguistic database of spoken language
- October 30: * Internal Meeting *
- November 6: Yasutada Sudo (UCL) – Pragmatics with Discourse Referents
- November 13: Silvia D'Ortenzio (Venice) – Pied-piping relatives vs. standard relatives in Italian-speaking children with and without cochlear implants: evidence from a production task and a repetition task
- November 20: Hans-Martin Gärtner (Hungarian Academy of Science) – Phantoms, Echoes, and Unsolved Mysteries Surrounding Hungarian Polar Interrogatives
- November 27: Marcin Wągiel (Brno) – Universal semantic features and the typology of cardinal numbers
- December 4: Vassilios Spyropoulos (National-Kapodistrian University of Athens) – Decomposing prepositions: Case, function and PP-structure in Ancient Greek
- December 11: * A workshop will take place *
- December 18: Andreas Blümel (Göttingen) – A fresh look at the syntax of nominal phrases
- January 8: Idan Landau (BGU) – A Selectional Criterion for Adjunct Control
- January 15: Matteo Maran & Emiliano Zaccarella (Max Plank Institute of Leipzig) – Towards a causal role for Broca's area in language processing: A TMS-EEG approach testing syntactic prediction in the left Inferior Frontal Gyrus
- January 22: Roland Schäfer (FU Berlin) – Are incompatibility and instability of individual grammars reflected in experimental and corpus data?
- January 29: Giuliano Bocci (University of Siena) – Prosodic prominence, focus, and syntactic derivation in Italian wh-questions
- Febraury 5: * The workshop LinG3 will take place *