Stühmer, Walter, Prof. Dr. emeritusProfessor of Neurophysiology, Director at the Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine, emeritus
- 1992 - Director of the Department Molecular Biology of Neuronal Signals at the Max Planck Institute for Experimental Medicine in Göttinge
- 1983 - 1992 Group leader at the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry in Göttingen with Dr. E. Neher
- 1980 - 1983 Post Doc in the Department of Physiology and Biophysics in Seattle, USA, with Dr. W. Almers
- 1978 - 1980 PhD work with Dr. F. Conti in Camogli, Italy
Major Research Interests
- Analysis of physiological functions of ion channels during neuronal interactions
- Development and during cancerogenesis.