Double Degree Programme in cooperation with the University of Clermont Auvergne
The two-year English-language double degree master's programme in development economics is jointly offered by the French University of Clermont Auvergne (UCA) in Clermont-Ferrand and the University of Göttingen. Both universities are leading European universities in the field of development economics.
The programme offers you the opportunity to earn both a Master of Science (MSc) in Development Economics from the University of Göttingen Faculty of Business and Economics, and a Master mention Economie du Développement offered by the University of Clermont Auvergne Ecole d’Economie (School of Economics). Both programmes are taught in English.
Why should you participate in the double degree programme? Learn more about the University of Clermont Auvergne and the advantages of the programme
The overall duration of the double degree programme is four semesters. The overall work load comprises of 120 ECTS. Students who have been admitted will thus after successful completion receive both degrees within a two year period of study. Up to five students can be admitted to this programme per academic year. They are selected by the university they apply to.
Learn more about the application requirements and go to the application form
As a participant of the double degree programme you will study one year (two consecutive semesters) in each university, and get 60 ECTS per year. You will spend the third and fourth semester at the respective partner university. In both universities, the fourth semester consists of a master thesis.
You have to obtain 48 ETCS during your first year of the double degree programme in order to be able to continue with the programme in the second year. Up to 12 ECTS can be retaken at the partner university.
For students of the University of Göttingen: Learn more about the course of studies and the modules/courses you can take
Tuition and fees
Participants of the double degree programme enrol at both universities in the corresponding programmes. Tuition fees or other fees obligatory for enrolment are subject to rules and regulations of the respective university:
University of Göttingen:
- International exchange students have to pay a reduced administrative fee while on campus in Göttingen (excl. “Verwaltungskostenbeitrag”); off campus no fees are due.
- German students have to pay the full administrative fee (“Semesterbeitrag”) on campus in Göttingen; while off campus only the “Verwaltungskostenbeitrag” is due
- Learn more about the semester fees at the University of Göttingen
University of Clermont Auvergne:
- Students are not submitted to any fee when they study at the University of Göttingen
- When studying at the University of Clermont Auvergne, all students are submitted to administrative fees (CVEC). These fees are 92 EUR (2021).