Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences
Welcome to the GGG homepages!The Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences (GGG) is responsible for PhD students and their supervisors from the social science faculties. Here you can find more information about us...
Dates and News
- Measures of the GGG for safety during the Covid19-Pandemic
- Election for GGG’s PhD students’ representation (June 1-24, 2021): Your vote counts!
- the candidates: Felix Butz und Daniel Schumann
current PhD students’ representatives of GGG: Timo Albrecht and Florian Moritz (until June 30, 2021).
- in German: new information series "Wege ins Wissenschaftsmanagement - kurz vorgestellt" (start May 27, 2021)
- information web page for international PhD students
- register now: Week of Methods 2021
- additional course in June: Project Management for PhD students, online
- course program 2021
Information provided by the PhD funding guidance
- Funding for projects aiming at international scientific cooperations (e.g. co-organized workshops) provided by the Lower Saxony Ministry for Science and Culture
- Application Deadlines for Grants of GGG
Four times a year GGG publishes a newsletter for PhD students and their supervisors in the social sciences as well as interested persons.
current newsletter 01|2021 (February)
The next newsletter will be published on May 11, 2021.
archive of newletters and yearly reports
workshops and events
- open for PhD students, too: Help Desk XXL - Virtual coaching on academic writing
- eResearch Alliance: news and events
- courses at the GWDG Academy (e.g. introduction to Python, R, CUDA and much else)
- for PhD students interested in entrepreneurship: university’s start-up support
- The Alumni Talk in a short retrospect: Career prospects in the field of “Mobility” after a doctorate
- The current PhD students representation established a mailinglist to improve the contact between GGG's PhD students. Subscribe here.
- Annual Report of GGG 2020 (German)
- Information Sheet on the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- GGG has published concept about Diversity to support PhD students
- Book your working space via ecampus