Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences
Welcome to the GGG homepages!The Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences (GGG) is responsible for PhD students and their supervisors from the social science faculties. Here you can find more information about us...
Dates and News
- The statistical Consultation for PhD students has started again in December 2022. Please take a look at the new consultance.
- PhD students’ representatives of GGG: Andreas Basse and Campbell MacGillivray
- information web page for international PhD students
- Unfortunately, all consultation services at the GGG cannot be provided at the moment due to staff shortages.
- course program 2023
- course program 2022
- various, new Self-learning Formats about Ethics and Security in international Research between August 29 and the end of WS 2022/23
Information about PhD funding
- New: Support for self organized courses and networks!
- Application Deadlines for Grants of GGG
- Information about PhD funding (as at September 2021)
Four times a year GGG publishes a newsletter for PhD students and their supervisors in the social sciences as well as interested persons.
current newsletter 04|2022 (November 2022)
The next newsletter will be published on February 07, 2023.
archive of newletters and yearly reports
workshops and events
- open for PhD students, too: Help Desk XXL - Virtual coaching on academic writing
- eResearch Alliance: news and events
- courses at the GWDG Academy (e.g. introduction to Python, R, CUDA and much else)
- for PhD students interested in entrepreneurship: university’s start-up support
- The Alumni Talk in a short retrospect: Career prospects in the field of “Mobility” after a doctorate
- Annual Report of GGG 2021 (German)
- Information Sheet on the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- GGG has published concept about Diversity to support PhD students
- Book your working space via ecampus