Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences
Welcome to the GGG homepages!The Göttingen Graduate School of Social Sciences (GGG) is responsible for PhD students and their supervisors from the social science faculties. Here you can find more information about us...
Dates and News
- The statistical Consultation for PhD students has been started again. Please take a look.
- PhD students’ representatives of GGG since April 2023
- information sheet for supervisors of international PhD students
- New information web page for international PhD students
- new overview: Beratungsnetzwerk für Promovierende (English translation will appear soon)
- Unfortunately, all consultation services at the GGG cannot be provided at the moment due to staff shortages.
Information about PhD funding
- New: Support for self organized courses and networks!
- Application Deadlines for Grants of GGG (next application deadline is June 6, not June 15, 2023
- Information about PhD funding (as at September 2021)
Four times a year GGG publishes a newsletter for PhD students and their supervisors in the social sciences as well as interested persons.
current newsletter 02|2023 (May2023)
The next newsletter will be published on August 08, 2023.
archive of newletters and yearly reports
workshops and events
- open for PhD students, too: Help Desk XXL - Virtual coaching on academic writing
- eResearch Alliance: news and events
- courses at the GWDG Academy (e.g. introduction to Python, R, CUDA and much else)
- for PhD students interested in entrepreneurship: university’s start-up support
- The Alumni Talk in a short retrospect: Career prospects in the field of “Mobility” after a doctorate
- Annual Report of GGG 2021 (German)
- Information Sheet on the EU General Data Protection Regulation
- GGG has published concept about Diversity to support PhD students
- Book your working space via ecampus