Department für Agrarökonomie und Rurale Entwicklung
- Agricultural Economics in Developing and Transition Countries (Prof. Dr. X. Yu), associated with research center "Poverty, Equity, and Growth in Developing and Transition Countries: Statistical Methods, Empirical Analyses, and Policy Issues"
- Agricultural Market Analysis (Prof. Dr. B. Brümmer)
- Agricultural Policy (Prof. Dr. S. von Cramon-Taubadel)
- Agriculture and Food Business Management (Prof. Dr. Silke Hüttel)
- Environmental and Resource Economics (Prof. Dr. M. Wollni)
- Farm Management (Prof. Dr. O. Mußhoff)
- International Food Economics and Rural Development (N.N.)
- Marketing of Food and Agricultural Products (Prof. Dr. A. Spiller)
- Nutrition and Agriculture (Prof. Dr. Liesbeth Colen)
- Rural Sociology (Prof. Dr. C. Neu)
- Social-Ecological Interactions in Agricultural Systems (Prof. Dr. T. Plieninger)
- Institute of Farm Economics, Thünen-Institute, Braunschweig (Prof. Dr. H. Nieberg)
- Institute of Market Analysis, Thünen-Institute, Braunschweig (Prof. Dr. M. Banse)
- Chair of Econometrics, Faculty of Economics, University of Goettingen (Prof. Dr. H. Herwartz)
- Prof. em. Dr. W. Brandes
- Prof. em. Dr. M. Köhne
- Prof. em. Dr. De Haen
- Prof. em. Dr. H. Inhetveen
- Prof. em. Dr. R. Marggraf
- Prof. em. Dr. S. Tangermann
The various chairs cover all of the essential aspects of teaching and research in the fields of farm economics, food economy and rural development.
The Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development is responsible for the disciplines agricultural economics and sociology. It is furthermore substantially affiliated with the disciplines agri-business, resource management, and tropical and international agriculture. The professors and their academic assistants work together in the doctoral programme by offering modules to the international doctoral programme in agricultural science (IPAG) as well as the course of lectures for doctoral candidates in agricultural economics together with the agricultural faculties in Kiel, Halle and Berlin as well as the FAL Brunswig and the IAMO Halle. The department is engaged in numerous third-party-funded joint-research projects with other institutes and research facilities and works closely together with enterprises.