Research Projects at the University of Göttingen
The University's research profile is characterised by large, collaborative, grant-funded research projects (also called “third-party funded projects”) as well as by high-profile research subjects and the individual researchers.
According to the DFG Funding Atlas 2018, the University of Göttingen is one of the ten best research universities in Germany in terms of research grants. The amount of DFG grant-funded research at the University of Göttingen has increased by approximately 3 per cent between 2015 and 2018. When differentiating between DFG funding schemes, nationwide the University of Göttingen is in tenth place in individual grants, fourth place in Collaborative Research Centres and first place in Research Training Groups.
Coordinated programmes of the German Research Foundation (DFG)
• Cluster of Excellence Multiscale Bioimaging: From Molecular Machines to Networks of Excitable Cells
Collaborative Research Centres
• Current Collaborative Research Centres at the University of Göttingen
Research Training Groups
• Current Research Training Groups at the University of Göttingen
• Current Research Units at the University of Göttingen
The German Project Information System (GEPRIS) provides an overview of all DFG-funded projects at the University of Göttingen.
European Union (EU)
With the exception of University Medical Center Göttingen (UMG) and Marie Skłodowska Curie Actions
• ERC Grants at the University of Göttingen
• Overview of EU projects in the area of research and innovation at the University of Göttingen
• An overview of all funded projects can be found in the federal funding catalogue (search for "Georg-August-Universität Göttingen" under grant recipients).
Transparency in Research
The department of Finances and Controlling provides an overview of all grant-funded research projects at the University of Göttingen.
You will find an overview for the University Medical Center Göttingen (UMG) on a separate website.