Developmental, Neural and Behavioral Biology (M.Sc.)
The programme caters to students who have a special interest in development-biological processes, in the structure and functioning of nervous systems, in behavioural research, or in the systemic neurosciences. The international programme provides research-oriented, interdisciplinary training with the option to specialize in one of the disciplines.
- Developmental, Neural and Behavioral Biology
- Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Language of the programme:
- German and English
- Standard period of study:
- 4 semesters
- Start of studies:
- Winter semester
- Restricted (Application to the Faculty)
Get to know us
The Master’s programme "Developmental, Neural and Behavioral Biology (M.Sc.) “ is held in the English language and comprises the subject areas
- Developmental and Cell Biology
- Behavioral Biology
The lectures with introductory methods courses and consecutive individual research projects convey special knowledge in the respective discipline. A great variety of subject matters is taught, ranging from cellular functions to cognitive performance The lecturers are scientists working with the University, the German Primate Center, and several Max Planck Institutes.
The research-oriented Master’s programme typically follows a Bachelor’s programme in Biology or Biosciences. Fundamental knowledge of the subject and its methods are first conveyed in core and later in advanced modules. Key competence modules additionally convey further occupational qualifying competencies.
Semester 1Core module Core module Key competence modules
Semester 2Profile module Core module Key competence modules
Semester 4Master thesis
- B.A.-Degree or equivalent
- at least 150 ETCS at the time of application
at least 125 ECTS in the field of life sciences, thereof
- at least 75 ECTS (about 1800 hours) in Biology and
- at least 30 ECTS (about 750 hours) in Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry/Informatics
- at least 125 ECTS in the field of life sciences, thereof
- If German is not your first language, you must provide proof of proficiency in German at level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- If English is not your first language, you must provide proof of proficiency in English at level C1 of the CEFR.
Study and examination advice
Phone: 0551 39 28910