The Georg Elias Müller Institute traditionally represents a natural science-oriented psychology, with a special emphasis on research methods, cognitive psychology and a biological orientation. The Institute offers a consecutive, research-oriented general Master's programme in psychology.
- Master of Science (M. Sc.)
- Language of the programme:
- Standard period of study:
- 4 semesters
- Start of studies:
- winter semester
- Restricted (application to the Faculty)
Get to know us
Students put together a programme of study from the range of courses on offer, whereby the focus can be on cognitive, neuroscientific and/or basic social psychological research.
The basic research focus is supplemented by one or two application areas. In all areas, students gain a very good insight into empirical work due to the research-oriented teaching, which ultimately aims at a research project developed individually by each student, leading to a Master's thesis.
The Master's programme typically follows a Bachelor's degree in psychology. In the compulsory area, there is extensive teaching of basic methodological knowledge (specialised studies).
Students focus on content by choosing four modules from the basic area and two modules from the application area.Further information
A proof of measles protection is required for enrollment. The form must be completed by your primary care physician.
If necessary, please use the time between your application and enrollment to get vaccinated or to refresh your vaccination status. The short period of time for acceptance after admission is usually not sufficient for this.
For inquiries, please contact the Office of the Dean of Students Office email@example.com.
- B.A. degree or quivalent
- At least 150 ECTS at the time of application
proof of achievements in Psychology amounting to at least 90 credits, including:
- at least 2 credits in history of psychology/theory of science and
- at least 10 credits in Quantitative Methods/Statistics and
- at least 5 credits in research-oriented practical training and
- at least 8 credits in Psychological Diagnostics and
- at least 10 credits in General Psychology and
- at least 5 credits in each of the following basic areas: Biological Psychology, Differential Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Social Psychology and
- at least 6 credits in each of the following application areas: Clinical Psychology, Educational Psychology, Business Psychology.
- If your native language is not German , you must demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the German language at the DSH-3 level .
- Very good English language skills are recommended