Master of Science Molecular Life Sciences: Microbiology, Biotechnology and Biochemistry
Mind the the events during the orientation weeks (information on first term, social events with fellow students, guided tours)
The research oriented MSc/PhD program of the Faculty of Biology and Psychology and the Faculty for Chemisty offers project-based training in Microbiology, Biochemistry and Molecular Plant Sciences. The curriculum comprises lectures with initial practical courses and subsequent individual research projects applying high-end technology. The program is taught completely in English.
Subjects: there is a special emphasis on
- General and applied microbiology
- Genetics and eukaryotic microbiology
- Cell and molecular biology of plant-microbe-interactions
- Structural Biochemistry
- Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Enzyme catalysis and biological chemistry
Application period for applicants
* from non EU-countries: 1. Jan - 15. Feb
* from EU-countries: 1.April - 15.May.
Applications are accepted exclusively via the electronic online portal.
- Bachelor degree in a related field of study (6 semester)
- Proof of proficiency in English at least of C1 level (e.g. UniCert III, IELTS Band 6)
- Proof of proficiency in German at least of B2 level (or B1 level with additional obligatory German courses while working on your degree)
Detailed information on the admission to the program